WorK Architecture + Design’s Louisville office is seeking Senior and Intermediate licensed Architects with a range of experience and expertise from large scale office and medical buildings, hospitality, and high-end multi-family and affordable housing – both new construction and adaptive reuse/historic renovation.
- Works in tandem with designers to coordinate schematic design, design development, and construction documents.
- Advanced understanding of code, planning, programming and design principles and methods.
- Understands and responds to the technical implications of design decisions.
- Facilitates firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
- Help prepare detailed drawings and mentor junior staff.
- Directs production of schematic through construction documents in collaboration with Project Manager.
- Coordinates project documentation execution, construction plans and details, ensuring quality control and completion.
- Maintains awareness of evolving building technology and systems.
- Understands and coordinates engineering systems relevant to projects.
- Expertise in Contract Administration and Close-out Phases.
- Prepares reports and specifications; reviews completed reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations.
- Executes applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.).
- Ensures tasks are completed according to the WorK Architecture + Design’s Standards and Quality Control Manual.
- May establish architectural budget, task schedule and other components of the project work plan with project manager.
- Directs or coordinates production of construction documents, drawings and specifications in compliance with project scope, schedule and cost.
- Implements meeting objectives, facilitates meetings and provides documentation in collaboration with Project Manager.
- May participate in marketing, client and owner presentations.
- Directs, organizes and mentors junior staff with responsibility oversight of their assignments.
- Post graduate qualification in Architecture
- Professional registration in Architecture (AIA)
- Professional registration (LEED, NCARB, or equivalent)
- Experienced in all phases of project design, construction documentation production and construction materials.
- Project delivery experience on $20M+ schemes.
- Familiar with building codes, specifications, construction methods, and building and engineering systems.
- Understanding of project management process at all design phases.
- Ability to apply CAD and interpret and review CAD drawings.
- Revit knowledge and experience. (5 yrs. experience)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for internal employee management and external client relationships
- Ability to direct or coordinate work efforts of junior staff.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic.
- Be responsible for planning, developing, and executing technical documentation which may include interpreting, organizing, and coordinating project team assignments
- Direct and coordinate production of schematic, design development and construction documents in collaboration with Project Manager
- Perform construction administration duties (e.g., RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.)
- Execute applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.)
- Establish budget, task schedule, and other components of the work plan with Project Manager
- Participate in marketing efforts and may lead presentations to prospective clients
- Work with engineering consultants through schematic and design development phases
- Direct, organize, and mentor junior staff with responsibility for oversight
- Work hard, play hard!
- Licensed Architect (AIA) with 8+ years of experience including healthcare
- Ability to generate and/or identify clear ideas and concepts and develop physical and conceptual connections to overall building design
- Ability to work collaboratively to develop design concepts and ideas with internal project teams and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of construction detailing,
- Excellent graphic, verbal, and written communication skill
- Ability to direct, manage, and coordinate work efforts of junior staff
- Experience in all phases and aspects of a project
- Familiarity with building codes, specifications, building and engineering systems
- Understanding of project management process
- Strong design, communication, and time management skills
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K with Employer Matching
- Company Cell Phone
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Unlimited Leave Policy
View your Application History
Back to Job List…