In the air conditioning business, we used to liken AC tuneups to getting trucks and cars tuned up. But that’s not a fair comparison — your air conditioner works much harder.
In a typical year, your central HVAC system will run about 3,300 hours. That’s like driving your car more than 200,000 miles at 65 miles per hour.
A lot of new cars might be able to handle that punishment. Your central air conditioner still can’t.
AC manufacturers are making big reliability improvements, but not only do they recommend annual tuneups — most manufacturers will void your warranty if you don’t get them.
Six Reasons To Get Your AC Tuneup Now
Central air conditioning needs regular maintenance to handle normal wear and tear. It’s the best way to find small problems and fix them before they become big problems. Major benefits of regular AC tuneups include:
1. Reliability: Fixing those small problems before they get worse tops everyone’s list. Technicians check the things that are supposed to move freely, as well as things that have come loose that shouldn’t have. Air conditioners usually break down when they are working the hardest — in the summer heat, when you don’t want to be without air conditioning.
2. Efficiency: Dirt on coils or slow refrigerant leaks will make air conditioners cycle longer to reduce the home’s temperature, using more electricity. That’s especially important in the Southlake area, where air conditioning accounts for about 27% of our electric bills. Loose ductwork can also fill your attic with cooled air instead of your house.
3. Indoor Air Quality: AC techs inspect for mold, bacteria and other contaminants during tuneups, and they check to see if air filters need to be replaced. Good indoor air quality is essential for your family’s health.
4. Save Money: In addition to the savings you get with improved AC efficiency, keep in mind that the small cost of an AC tuneup is a fraction of nearly any air conditioning repair cost. That refrigerant leak or bad capacitor can lead to the compressor overheating and burning out. It’s better to buy a capacitor for around $100 than a compressor for thousands.
5. Keep Warranty In Force: Even with a warranty in force, manufacturers will ask for documentation of factory-specified maintenance. Most manufacturers require annual tuneups as a condition for keeping the warranty in force.
6. Peace Of Mind: While intangible and almost impossible to assign a monetary value to, peace of mind may be the best reason to get regular AC tuneups. You don’t want to go through a hot, sticky summer waiting for the ax to fall on your air conditioner.
billyGO AC Tuneup Checklist
When billyGO-certified AC technicians do air conditioning tuneups, they conduct a thorough inspection, cleaning and safety check of central air conditioning systems, including:
AC Cleaning And Inspection
- Inspect and clean outdoor condenser coil.
- Inspect and clean inside evaporator coil.
- Clean blower, electrical compartment and compressor.
- Inspect and clean condensate drain.
- Inspect and replace the air filter as necessary.
- Test thermostat.
- Check the refrigerant charge.
AC Electrical And Motor Maintenance
- Inspect and tighten electrical connections.
- Inspect compressor contractor.
- Tighten all low-voltage connections.
- Test and adjust capacitors.
- Inspect and oil motors.
- Inspect bearings.
- Inspect fan blade.
Get All AC Systems Tuned Up For One Low Price
The going rate for AC tuneups in the DFW Metroplex is $69-129 for each central air system in a single residence. When you get your furnace tuned up in the fall, you will pay that again.
Most homes in Southlake and surrounding areas have two or more HVAC systems. Multiply the price by the number of units for summer and fall, and it adds up to hundreds of dollars.
Or you can get all central HVAC systems in your home tuned up for $99 per year with billyGO NOW!, our VIP membership plan. The price includes AC tuneups in spring and summer and heater tuneups in fall and winter. And there are even more benefits.
- Annual heating and AC tuneup service to all units in your home.
- Annual plumbing inspection.
- No dispatch fees ($50 savings).
- Automatic 15% discount for all billyGO services.
- Automatic $50 discount on any holiday service.
- VIP priority service and repairs from dedicated service technicians.
- Priority 24/7 emergency plumbing, heating and air service.
- 15% savings on new and upgraded plumbing and HVAC equipment.
- Private customer portal to track all appointments, service records and technician notes.
Schedule Your AC Tuneup Now
No need to call us to schedule an appointment – you can do it yourself right now and set the day and time most convenient to you, then immediately receive a text or email appointment confirmation.
BillyGO’s guaranteed one-hour appointment window lets you plan your day around your schedule, not ours. It’s so convenient – no calls to make, no garbled phone connections, no wrong addresses, no waiting on hold.
Stop waiting! Isn’t it about time you get the billyGO advantage?